Stormy Day, Soup
1 lb sweet Italian sausage links
1 tbsp olive oil
3 quarts (96 oz) beef broth
1 medium zucchini, diced
4 oz red wine
- Remove casing from sausage links and put meat in a 4-quart soup pot coated with olive oil.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until meat is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add soup mix and broth to the pot and bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, with their juice and red wine and cook medium-low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Ingredients: Brown and red lentils, rice, onions, parsley, garlic, oregano.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months
- Serves 6-8